John C. Landa Jr.
T: 713.756.3210 800.856.4412 (Toll Free)
A third generation Houstonian, JOHN C. LANDA, JR., earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University (B.A., Accounting and Economics), magna cum laude, in 1982, and his law degree from The University of Texas Law School, with honors, in 1985.
John’s law practice is and has always been limited to litigation, with an emphasis on health care liability defense. He became Board Certified in Personal Injury in 1990 and in Civil Trial Law in 1991 by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and continues to maintain his certification in each area. John’s primary area of practice is the defense of hospitals, nurses and physicians in medical malpractice cases, with an emphasis on the handling of obstetrical cases and other cases involving catastrophic injuries. His special interest in health care litigation is grounded in his deep respect for the work done by nurses, administrators, and physicians, and his personal interest in learning about physiology and medicine. He and Bobby Lapin are proud to have established multiple nurse education scholarship funds in the Houston area, totalling over $35,000 to date. John is a frequent lecturer on health law and related risk management topics.
John is a member of the Houston Bar Association, American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, Texas Bar Foundation, and Greater Houston Society of Healthcare Risk Management. He has for several years been selected as a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly magazine. His personal interests include writing, teaching, sports, and entrepreneurship.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1990
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1991
- Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. (With Honors), 1985
- Award for Highest Achievement in the study of Medical Malpractice Law
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.A. magna cum laude – 1982
- Major: Accounting, Economics